I love this thread. A couple years ago I randomly checked out 6,000 Years of Housing by Norbert Schoenauer from my library.
Since then I’ve bought a copy and regularly daydream about designing my own house or neighborhood.
I love this thread. A couple years ago I randomly checked out 6,000 Years of Housing by Norbert Schoenauer from my library.
Since then I’ve bought a copy and regularly daydream about designing my own house or neighborhood.
I have one of the work shirts from years ago. I use it for all my home projects.
It was very first IH product, and I was blown away by how beautiful the fabric was.
I’ve not had any issues with it tearing. I hope everyone who got one of these westerns enjoys wearing it without worries.
I’ve never noticed a cursive Iron Heart tag before.
I got mine today. I went with a large, which is what I wear in most IH shirts. I also went with the pearl snaps. It’s a beautiful shirt.
Fit - definitely boxier than my other westerns, but I appreciate that. As I creep into my 40s, the extra room in the mid section is appreciated. Also, if it’s boxier, it’ll be easier to get away with still wearing in the warmer months here.

Any suggestions on repairing this?
14oz BB 1955
Corduroy in 1955 cut

I hiked from South Kaibab Trailhead down to Pipe Creek Beach and back up to Bright Angel Trailhead yesterday. My legs are dying today.
@seawolf What sort of mitt do you use for handling the skillet when it’s on the grill?
Spent the week on a lake in Michigan.

By the end of the week my 7-year old could dock the boat on his own.

Also - they’re definitely having trouble with email and text receipts. The guy who checked out before me got his text right away, but after an hour or so I still haven’t gotten mine. The employee helping me said it’s happening to all their stores because of how much traffic they’ve received today.
I love the newer, slightly higher rise on the 633.
I went with a 34 in the OD and 33 in the regular indigo. I mentioned this in the CPO thread, but the fabric really looks beautiful. Feels much lighter than 19 oz too. I can’t wait to pick these up later in the week when the hemming is done.
I tried a L and XL in person in Austin. Beautiful looking fabric, but just wasn’t right for me. XL sleeves and shoulders made me look like I was a kid dressed up in my dad’s shirt, and L was too tight in the chest.
In my experience with SE, the only noticeable difference is the thigh measurement. For the 633, add about .5 to their number, and it pretty well lines up with how IH measures.
Fantastic weight and breathability. I would love to see this fabric again in a different color.

@kiya Do you know when the Austin store will have the IHSH-417-IND in stock? It’s one I would love to try on and buy in person.
IHSH-228 is my favorite shirt. I love how breezy it is, and how complicated the pattern is up close.


Has anyone seen any marbling from the spin cycle? I need to wash mine soon.
@indigostiff The fabric stretches while you’re in it, but it doesn’t stay relaxed. It seems to remember what it shrunk to, and returns to that pretty quickly.