• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    IH-888S-SB - 21oz Non-Fade Selvedge Denim Medium/High Rise Tapered Cut - Superblack

    Bottoms
    59
    140
    41.4k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Denimhead 0D
      Denimhead 0
      Iron Heart Deity
      Joined:

      Got my 34’s
      IMG_1504.jpeg

      IMG_1675.jpeg

      IMG_1625.jpeg

      IG - gratefuldenimhead (jeans and boots), Norseamerican (bicycles)

      last edited by T D 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 3
      • RJScheuerleR
        RJScheuerle
        Joined:

        Got these in the same size as my black 888 sbg (32). Damn they’re uncomfortable. Very rigid and not pajama soft like the sbg.

        The waist is also super tight and the fabric balloons a little in the crotch/below the waist band. See on all the stockists the same thing happening with the model shots.

        I’m assuming this is all intentional to account for waist stretch (sucks constantly pulling your pants up), while typically you don’t get much stretch in the top block/thighs?? I can still button the top button without too much effort. Just super tight and anywhere that creases feels sharp.

        What was the break in experience like for most people? This seem typical?

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • T
          twin
          見習いボス
          @Denimhead 0
          Joined:

          @Denimhead-0 It's a nice fitt.

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • Y
            yannis
            Haraki san Expert
            Joined:

            @RJScheuerle. Did you look at the measuments before you bought them or you went by tag size based on you SBG experience? They seen to run smaller. I don't own a pair but if I was itwill have to be tag 40 and that will be extremely unusual for me as tag 38 is usually my size. They seem to run almost a tag size smaller than the SBG.

            last edited by RJScheuerleR 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • J
              Jakederoche
              Raw and Unwashed
              Joined:

              I found this fabric extremely unrigid and very pliable and I have all forms of 21 ounce iron heart; I was very impressed with it. Maybe it was just the run of cotton they got. I have heard that different times of year yields different feels of cotton

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • D
                dwils
                Raw and Unwashed
                @Denimhead 0
                Joined:

                @Denimhead-0 Lookin' good. I busted out my type III version of it today - it's some bad ass denim.

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • Denimhead 0D
                  Denimhead 0
                  Iron Heart Deity
                  Joined:

                  Definitely not as soft as some of the others initially, however with time, they come around. Mine are worn mainly as going into office or fancy nights out, so worn a little sparingly. One of the few IH denim that I don’t want too fade, love the jet black look.

                  IG - gratefuldenimhead (jeans and boots), Norseamerican (bicycles)

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • RJScheuerleR
                    RJScheuerle
                    @yannis
                    Joined:

                    @yannis yeah, I went off the sizing charts. I’m glad I didn’t size up as they’d be too baggy everywhere else if I did. It’s exclusively the waist that is tight. Just a very different fit than my 14 oz indigo black, 21 oz SBG and 25 oz indigos (I’d say these all fit the same). And very different texture than my other iron hearts that have all been pretty soft in comparison. But I’ve only given em about 5 wears so it’s possible they’ll continue to break in. I (like most) bought them for when I wanted a dressier black jean alternative to slacks.

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • Iron_GeertI
                      Iron_Geert
                      Raw and Unwashed
                      Joined:

                      Can we expect a restock this year?

                      last edited by AdamJA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • goosehdG
                        goosehd
                        Mod Squad
                        Joined:

                        @ShopatIronHeart

                        “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • AdamJA
                          AdamJ
                          IHUK Crew
                          @Iron_Geert
                          Joined:

                          @Iron_Geert October ETA

                          The devil is in the detail..

                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                          • M
                            mma-monkey
                            Raw and Unwashed
                            Joined:

                            is an October ETA still on the cards?

                            last edited by AdamJA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • AdamJA
                              AdamJ
                              IHUK Crew
                              @mma-monkey
                              Joined:

                              @mma-monkey hopefully, might slip into next month

                              The devil is in the detail..

                              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                              • TinManT
                                TinMan
                                啓蒙家
                                Joined:

                                I am going size 38 can’t wait

                                Now, I have an IRONHEART!!

                                last edited by goosehdG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                • goosehdG
                                  goosehd
                                  Mod Squad
                                  @TinMan
                                  Joined:

                                  @TinMan Just a reminder that the chart in the first post is old. You will need to wait until a current chart is made when the release is measured at IHUK…

                                  “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                  • TinManT
                                    TinMan
                                    啓蒙家
                                    Joined:

                                    Appreciate the heads up, I will monitor this thread. Thank you

                                    Now, I have an IRONHEART!!

                                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                    • First post
                                      Last post
                                    Copyright Iron Heart 2025.