• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Watches - another OCD problem

    Accessories
    369
    8.3k
    3.8m
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • Johnnyutah247J
      Johnnyutah247
      Haraki san Student
      @Cole
      Joined:

      @Cole I've seen a few FXD in person and they're sweet. I'm partial to the GMT version. IMG_2145.jpeg

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 10
      • AnesthetistA
        Anesthetist
        見習いボス
        Joined:

        I have the OG and love it. Super light, accurate, and has a great reserve

        IG: bluehandsslim

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
        • SmiladonS
          Smiladon
          Raw and Unwashed
          @Cole
          Joined:

          That’s crazy, cuz I too am interested in a Pelagos FXD. Seems like an incredibly indestructible watch. And I love nato straps, so… but like you @Cole need to let my budget recover after my last purchase😎

          I have been considering a vintage Tudor sub, but I already have a couple vintage watches, that I just end up babying. And I “need” a good snorkeling watch😅

          “Life is too short to be taken seriously.”
          -me
          IG = 6foot7ifitmatters

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
          • ColeC
            Cole
            啓蒙家
            Joined:

            Don't get me started with (neo)vintage watches. 😂 Somewhere out there is an Omega Seamaster Peter Blake 2254.50 calling my name. 😁

            And the vintage Tudor Sub with snowflake hands is a thing of pure beauty.

            WTB:
            IHJ-96-OLV Size L
            IHE-13

            last edited by Cole 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
            • northsouthdenimguyN
              northsouthdenimguy
              啓蒙家
              Joined:

              Swapped out the black alligator OEM strap on my wife’s 11639 WG for this aftermarket strap from Epoch. Seems like pretty good quality. It’s a really dark navy blue, almost black, which looks great on the white gold.

              It has quick-release spring bars, which is kind of nice and definitely saves a little time. Somehow, even with that, I managed to install both sides of the strap upside down the first time. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Kind of weird because the last time I changed it, I got it right.

              Unfortunately, the first straps they sent were too short. This one just barely fits on the largest adjustment. I think there’s been a little bit of a language barrier or misunderstanding when it comes to the sizing, but at least this one works.

              IMG_6537.jpeg
              IMG_6538.jpeg
              IMG_6539.jpeg
              IMG_6540.jpeg

              @selveldgesteps

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 8
              • bwscottB
                bwscott
                Joined:

                IMG_0137.jpeg
                I love G Shock squares. Probably have to pass on this one, hefty price tag…

                last edited by AnesthetistA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • AnesthetistA
                  Anesthetist
                  見習いボス
                  @bwscott
                  Joined:

                  @bwscott the non-sapphire cased model is also stunning. The price increase is quite a lot though.

                  IG: bluehandsslim

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • bwscottB
                    bwscott
                    Joined:

                    IMG_0138.jpeg
                    @Anesthetist Price increase indeed, $80,000! This is the budget option, I think it’s going for around £800.

                    last edited by AnesthetistA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                    • AnesthetistA
                      Anesthetist
                      見習いボス
                      @bwscott
                      Joined:

                      @bwscott maybe I misunderstood the press release but I believe there’s another MRG in $6000 range

                      IG: bluehandsslim

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • bwscottB
                        bwscott
                        Joined:

                        @Anesthetist
                        You’re right. This is the ‘mid range’ at 6k…!

                        IMG_0139.jpeg

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                        • First post
                          Last post
                        Copyright Iron Heart 2025.