Watches - another OCD problem
-
are you trying those on at an AD or is it a second hand shop?!? all of the ADs i've been to so far has nothing on display. their rolex cabinet is either empty or they only have non sport models (lady datejust, oyster etc)
an AD to which i shall not name, because my cousins works there managing hublot, told me while i visited over CNY that sport models will not be displayed at all as well..
-
Really love the Pelagos. Less enamored of all the text on its dial. The LHD model renders "Pelagos" in red, which helps to break things up. The new models with the manufacture movement boast a 3 day power reserve. One of the best values I think in all of dive watches.
-
Dateless Submariner for sale for $5650 https://omegaforums.net/threads/rolex-submariner-14060m-2-line-no-date-k-serial.90013/
-
This post is deleted!
-
This post is deleted!
-
Questions for the watch guys….. If I am looking for a Rolex, and I'm most interested in one that is not offered in the current releases, what is the recommended route to take to acquire the one I want ? Are there any recommended shops I should look into ? What are the places I should stay away from ?
My 50th birthday is at the end of March. I want to treat myself for this one. Lord knows, no one else is going to.

-
Hi @scooter , depending on what you want there are multiple third party options (some more reputable than others) where you can source vintage Rolex models. Some will help you search also if they don't have what you want immediately available. I have used/know a few with sterling reputations in the industry - hit me up via PM if you like…
-
This post is deleted!
-
Always debated getting a period correct Jubilee for the 16710A. But I got a good deal on a brand new 63600 Super and I must say I'm digging the Super clasp mechanism and look better. Arrived today and just swapped it out.

-
The Max Bill Mega by Junghans. About 38mm, thin, radio controlled HEQ quartz. Just about the perfect quartz for me.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Weird that it starts with W being west of the Mississippi. Must be unrelated to broadcast radio station call letters even though it looks like one, or else it would start with a K. Puzzling.
-
The inevitable fiftieth anniversary of Apollo 11 Moon Watch has been released.

I'm a bit underwhelmed, but the minutiae of Speedmasters doesn't appeal. What is interesting is that the 1861 movement has been upgraded with silicon components to be a Master Chronometer. Which means it's accurate and impervious to magnetism.
More at Hodinkee.
-
It looks less monochromatic in your picture than in the ones I saw at ABTW. I think it's a fair effort for a gold Speedy, but that a gold Speedy is fundamentally an unappealing idea unless it's white gold.
-
That's a good looking watch, @Anesthetist. The plexiglass crystal would concern me, though. But I'm uncoordinated and probably bang into things more than you do.
-
As for the Omega, I feel like calling the alloy "moonshine gold" wasn't a decision made with the American market in mind.
