• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Parenting

    Hobbies and Pastimes
    73
    804
    148.5k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • americanathreadsA
      americanathreads
      Raw and Unwashed
      Joined:

      @WhiskeySandwich @sophisto000

      Thanks both! I’m nervous for how big an adjustment it will be but excited all the same. I’m sure there will be a lot of learning on the job 😅

      last edited by Rustygate37R 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • Rustygate37R
        Rustygate37
        The Unwoven
        @americanathreads
        Joined:
        This post is deleted!
        last edited by WhiskeySandwichW GoodtimeJohnnyG 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 6
        • WhiskeySandwichW
          WhiskeySandwich
          見習いボス
          @Rustygate37
          Joined:

          @Rustygate37 Dude i felt that one bigtime.

          "The whole future lies in uncertainty: Live immediately."
          -Seneca

          last edited by Rustygate37R 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • GoodtimeJohnnyG
            GoodtimeJohnny
            Raw and Unwashed
            @Rustygate37
            Joined:

            @Rustygate37 What I wouldn't do to have a 13 year old back... this weekend I'm moving my oldest into her apartment for senior year of college. Don't know where any of the time has gone just that it was awesome and I wouldn't trade it for monitary wealth!

            last edited by Rustygate37R maple_texasM 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 2
            • Rustygate37R
              Rustygate37
              The Unwoven
              @GoodtimeJohnny
              Joined:
              This post is deleted!
              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
              • Rustygate37R
                Rustygate37
                The Unwoven
                @WhiskeySandwich
                Joined:
                This post is deleted!
                last edited by WhiskeySandwichW 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                • WhiskeySandwichW
                  WhiskeySandwich
                  見習いボス
                  @Rustygate37
                  Joined:

                  @Rustygate37 brother, i understand that more than you may know. and I do think you should tell her that story when it's time.

                  "The whole future lies in uncertainty: Live immediately."
                  -Seneca

                  last edited by Rustygate37R 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                  • Rustygate37R
                    Rustygate37
                    The Unwoven
                    @WhiskeySandwich
                    Joined:
                    This post is deleted!
                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                    • SKTS
                      SKT
                      見習いボス
                      Joined:

                      My son is starting high school this year and this is his calendar.
                      IMG_6214.jpeg

                      Rampant Hemmer
                      WTB: IHSH-308-IND large

                      last edited by Tago MagoT 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                      • Tago MagoT
                        Tago Mago
                        Mod Squad
                        @SKT
                        Joined:

                        @SKT I’m assuming grey denotes a holiday. What do the other colours mean?

                        last edited by SKTS 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                        • SKTS
                          SKT
                          見習いボス
                          @Tago Mago
                          Joined:

                          @Tago-Mago I think we will need to hire a parenting tutor to figure it out. I miss simple

                          Rampant Hemmer
                          WTB: IHSH-308-IND large

                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                          • BrianB
                            Brian
                            Joined:

                            Red for school uniform black for casual clothes 🤷🏼‍♂️

                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • MattM
                              Matt
                              見習いボス
                              Joined:

                              IMG_2753.jpeg

                              last edited by goosehdG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 7
                              • goosehdG
                                goosehd
                                Mod Squad
                                @Matt
                                Joined:

                                @Matt The only time they don’t know is when something is broken and then confronted about it.

                                “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                                last edited by goosehd 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                • GraemeEG
                                  GraemeE
                                  Joined:

                                  Screenshot_20260912_190416_Instagram.jpg

                                  8956.jpg

                                  last edited by GraemeE 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
                                  • maple_texasM
                                    maple_texas
                                    Raw and Unwashed
                                    @GoodtimeJohnny
                                    Joined:

                                    @GoodtimeJohnny I have a 4-year-old and 6-year-old and I’m already dreading the day they’ll leave for college. Friends with adult kids have assured me that I’ll be happy to watch them move on and grow up. It’s just very difficult to imagine when they’re still cute little kids.

                                    last edited by GoodtimeJohnnyG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                    • maple_texasM
                                      maple_texas
                                      Raw and Unwashed
                                      @americanathreads
                                      Joined:

                                      @americanathreads my advice would just be to take off as much time from work as you possibly can. For me that meant three months with one of those months unpaid. Pulled it off for both kids. I would do it all over again.

                                      Also — I never could even imagine what having a kid was like until the moment my first one was born. As soon as I saw her, the love was so deep and meaningful. Like seeing a color I’d never known existed. Second time, wham, exact same thing, like a baseball bat of love upside the head. Tears streaming. Like an ancient invisible force.

                                      I realize it’s different for everyone, but I mention in case you’re like I was and having trouble imagining how the connection might occur.

                                      last edited by americanathreadsA 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                      • BrianB
                                        Brian
                                        Joined:

                                        Jacob is turning 10 next week
                                        My mind is still blown that I’m a dad and it’s been 10 years

                                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                        • GoodtimeJohnnyG
                                          GoodtimeJohnny
                                          Raw and Unwashed
                                          @maple_texas
                                          Joined:

                                          @maple_texas You will, it's just a different kind of happy!

                                          last edited by maple_texasM 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                          • maple_texasM
                                            maple_texas
                                            Raw and Unwashed
                                            @GoodtimeJohnny
                                            Joined:

                                            @GoodtimeJohnny Good to know!! One thing I’ve learned from this parenting journey is that I really have no idea what to expect.

                                            last edited by GoodtimeJohnnyG steelworkerS 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.