Parenting
-
@americanathreads dude congrats! its super exciting. You're never prepared lol, you'll see, just make everything really convenient for yourself, sleep when you can, and take turns with responsibilities. You'll be through that phase before you know it so just strap in and enjoy.
-
@americanathreads What @WhiskeySandwich said. Lots of sleep now, because it won’t be like now for years to come. And lots of people are going to give you all kinds of advice on what you should and shouldn’t do. Take it all with a grain of salt, find what works for your family and go with that. Congrats and enjoy, time flies…
-
Thanks both! I’m nervous for how big an adjustment it will be but excited all the same. I’m sure there will be a lot of learning on the job

-
This post is deleted!
-
@Rustygate37 Dude i felt that one bigtime.
-
@Rustygate37 What I wouldn't do to have a 13 year old back... this weekend I'm moving my oldest into her apartment for senior year of college. Don't know where any of the time has gone just that it was awesome and I wouldn't trade it for monitary wealth!
-
This post is deleted!
-
This post is deleted!
-
@Rustygate37 brother, i understand that more than you may know. and I do think you should tell her that story when it's time.
-
This post is deleted!
-
@Tago-Mago I think we will need to hire a parenting tutor to figure it out. I miss simple
-
@GoodtimeJohnny I have a 4-year-old and 6-year-old and I’m already dreading the day they’ll leave for college. Friends with adult kids have assured me that I’ll be happy to watch them move on and grow up. It’s just very difficult to imagine when they’re still cute little kids.
-
@americanathreads my advice would just be to take off as much time from work as you possibly can. For me that meant three months with one of those months unpaid. Pulled it off for both kids. I would do it all over again.
Also — I never could even imagine what having a kid was like until the moment my first one was born. As soon as I saw her, the love was so deep and meaningful. Like seeing a color I’d never known existed. Second time, wham, exact same thing, like a baseball bat of love upside the head. Tears streaming. Like an ancient invisible force.
I realize it’s different for everyone, but I mention in case you’re like I was and having trouble imagining how the connection might occur.


️

