Wax Treasure (Vinyl)
-

-

-

Ashra - New Age Of Earth 1976.
A one man band at this time.
No sequencers used , just multitracking of tapes. More to read on Vinyl Writers. -

Jazz heads, this one is



-

Les Baxter - Caribbean Moonlight 1956
I had no clue, that there is a sub genre with the name Ambient Exotica
-
@Aetas I have a particular fondness for this genre
Sacred Idol is probably my favorite of Les Baxters albums - its very dramatic
https://open.spotify.com/album/3hkdLz234t91jRZrwCo55M?si=3nJr8N5ITCWLEMuYMzxftw&utm_source=copy-link
-
45RPM


I was young when I heard Sister of Mercy - Alice for the first time on 45RPM. It was in one of this early eighties city caves. Ruhrgebiet had a lot them at this time. Four speakers sounded into a room filled with 100 creatures of the night.
Every location more rotten than the other.
At my first hearing, the dance area was fully out of thick aluminum plates, 20m long and 4m wide.
Welded together in three long lines!
Material and hand welders were cheap to get in a culminating steelworker town at this time.
The DJ played the whole EP during the night.
Most fun was the phase, when it rained down sweat and tears from the low ceiling at the end.When it came out we had no clue at first, that this was a cover.
Unsure about the dystopian atmosphere this vinyl creates so it is on hold.
Sommertime is primarily research time … -

Bonus R wood version featuring george
-
@Mizmazzle Curious to hear your impressions about this 45RPM version of Marquee Moon.
-
Brazilian haul from Rio





-
Mofi dropped a couple classics on my porch yesterday!
I did a A/B comparison of Marque Moon this morning with this new copy and my OG first press:
Both are very good sounding. The MoFi is a bit smoother sounding with more forward bass guitar and drums…which I felt slightly quiet on the OG.

-
@Mizmazzle hell yeah!! West Coast legend!
Seeing some solid digs as of late!
-
@68degreesorless that Elza Pede looks a good find - samba/soul - I need to find out more!




