Bump! Open to other trades in SBG or OD denim in XXL.
Posts made by spacedans
-
RE: IH-526-SBG XL for XXLposted in Stuff to Trade
-
IH-526-SBG XL for XXLposted in Stuff to Trade
Looking to size up on SBG Modified Type III. Worn about 5 times in total. Already showing some light fading, despite super light wear. This one seems to be an easy fader!
Note: This was not purchased in the most recent drop. Purchased older stock from The Shop Vancouver. Please make sure to note sizing for differences!
This is how it was described on their site:
Please note that the fit of this jacket differs from other modified Type IIIs in our lineup. Originally, this run was intended to debut a brand-new model based on the same cut as our signature IH-526PJ. However, due to a production mix-up, we inadvertently re-ran our original SBG Type III jacket from 2016.
The combination of an older pattern and shrinkage from the denim after one-washing results in a fit that sits somewhere in between our traditional and modern trucker styles. This means the body length is similar to our traditional IHJ-526J, with a slightly fuller fit in the body and arms. While this wasn’t an intentional design choice and won’t work for all body types, it’s a “happy accident” for those who love the boxier, vintage aesthetic and fit of early Levi’s Type III or Lee Storm Rider jackets. That said, if you just prefer a contemporary, slim-fitting jacket, this may not be the ideal choice for you.
Shoulder: 19.2"
Length: 24.2"
Chest P2P: 23.1"
Waist: 21.2"
Opening: 20"
Sleeve: 26.5"
Sleeve Opening: 5.1"

-
RE: WTT XXL 293 OD for XLposted in Stuff to Trade
Any chance you're interested in trading for IH-526-SBG in XL? Worn around 4-5 times. It's the older cut, bought at Shop Vancouver in March. Happy to send photos and measurements if you're interested!
-
RE: IH-888S-21od - 21oz Selvedge Denim Medium/High Rise Tapered Cut Jeans - OD'dposted in Bottoms
Been keeping my eyes out for these! Are these still looking like they will restock this summer?
-
RE: IH-526-SBG - 21oz Selvedge Denim Modified Type III Jacket - Superblack (Fades To Grey)posted in Jackets
Happy with the fit on this one!
I picked up the last XL from The Shop Vancouver and it’s snug to the torso, but sits just right at my belt line and on my wrists.
Can’t wait to wear this thing to smithereens.




For reference:
6’1 (186cm).
190 lbs (86kg).
42” chest (107cm)
19.5” shoulders (49cm) -
RE: IH-526J-SBG - 21oz Selvedge Denim Modified Type III Jacket - Superblack (Fades To Grey)posted in Non Seasonal Product Preview
Thanks @AdamJ!
It looks great either way. Excited to see how the original fits when I receive it and looking forward to some fresh pics of your sample jacket soon.

-
RE: IH-526J-SBG - 21oz Selvedge Denim Modified Type III Jacket - Superblack (Fades To Grey)posted in Non Seasonal Product Preview
Hey @AdamJ,
Really great shots! Really love how the grey is showing on the sleeves in your most recent pics.
I've been determined to find a jacket in the SBG in my size for some time now, and recently just purchased a Type III from The Shop in Vancouver in an XL (en route as we speak). I struggle a little bit with sizing for IH jackets/shirts because I find that I sit right on the cusp between L & XL.
I noticed that the modified Type III I grabbed seems to differ from other modified Type III. This was how this was described on the Shop's website:
the fit of this jacket differs from other modified Type IIIs in our lineup. Originally, this run was intended to debut a brand-new model based on the same cut as our signature IH-526PJ. However, due to a production mix-up, we inadvertently re-ran our original SBG Type III jacket from 2016
Is the OG jacket from your photos from the same run as described above, and if so, how do you find the fit?
Wondering if an XL from this run will be too roomy in the body/arms for my 108 cm chest/187 cm tall frame (compared to the newer modified Type III fits).
-
RE: There's no Such Thing as a Stupid Questionposted in Some Really Boring (but useful) and Some Really Interesting Stuff!
Maybe not the best place for this, but I recently posted a thread in Stuff to Trade, but ended up selling the item. The Trading Rules thread says to lock the thread if item is no longer available, but I can't seem to figure out how to lock the thread.
Should I flag the thread for a Moderator to remove?
-
RE: IH-634S-SBG - 21oz Selvedge Denim Straight Cut Jeans - SBGposted in Bottoms
@tenuin This was definitely my fear! Thanks for sharing. I'm likely going to try for an exchange to avoid this if I can.
-
RE: IH-634S-SBG - 21oz Selvedge Denim Straight Cut Jeans - SBGposted in Bottoms
@AdamJ This is really helpful to know. I think if I were to lose more weight, I'm not sure how much extra room I would find in the top block (more likely around the waist).
I have a pair of IH-888S-18 (Natural Indigo) in a size 35 and I find they have as much room in the top block (or more) than the Size 36 634S I've been wearing.
Might see if I can exchange for a larger size rather than roll the dice here.
Thanks for the advice!
-
RE: IH-634S-SBG - 21oz Selvedge Denim Straight Cut Jeans - SBGposted in Bottoms
Looking for some sage wisdom!
I have a pair of 634S Indigo in a Size 36, which were tight around the waist at first, but stretched to fit great very quickly. Fast forward a year or so, and I've lost ~30lbs since first buying that pair.
My true waist size for a low rise pair is just shy of 35", so I'm swimming my old Indigo 634s. I picked up this SBG pair in size 34 which is definitely snug around the waist, but I can do up the top button without issue and can stand up and sit down comfortably, giving me confidence that the waist will stretch to fit quite nicely over some wear.
What I have slightly less confidence in is that the rest of the top block stretching equally. When I sit down, I can really feel that my legs are completely filling out the top block, almost like skinny jeans. I'm worried that this might be a recipe for blowouts pretty quickly.
I did have the ability to go try on the Size 35 in store, and while they were more comfortable, the top block actually felt quite loose (thigh dimensions only 1/2 inch smaller than a pair that fit well when I was 30+ lbs heavier).
Really torn between hanging onto these and praying to the denim stretch gods, or going with the "safer" pair, which might not be my ideal fit in a years time (hoping for slightly loose around the top block, but not "saggy").
Has anyone taken a gamble on a pair that felt a little TOO snug in the top block and how did it work out for you in the long run?






