• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    1. Home
    2. rasta
    3. Posts
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 30
    • Best
    • Controversial
    • Groups 3

    Posts made by rasta

    • RE: Samurai Jeans

      @cyclops waist was very tight on my tag 36s, they measured 34.8, was supposed to be around 35.5. They seem to be stretching out a bit but I only have half a dozen wears on them.

      posted in Other Brands and Shops
      rastaR
      rasta
    • RE: IH-666S-UHR - 21/23oz Ultra Heavy Raw Selvedge Denim Slim Straight Cut Jeans

      First 666 test fit was a success. Packing these away for a rainy day. Silly question, but anything special to consider when storing these for awhile?

      IMG_0586.jpeg

      posted in Bottoms
      rastaR
      rasta
    • RE: Iron Heart Japan - The Future

      This must be so fulfilling, huge congrats to all. As a customer, I feel safe knowing the brand is in a true steward's hands. As a father, this warms my heart like nothing else.

      posted in News
      rastaR
      rasta
    • RE: The Flat Head

      Picked up a pair of the roughout boots from the Self Edge sale this weekend. Really hoping they fit! I got the biggest size they had, an 11. I am a 13 brannock and wear an 11.5 in a Red Wing IR. On the Rivet and Hide description they said the sizing aligned with UK sizing, really hoping that the ones from Self Edge are similar, if not the same.

      posted in Other Brands and Shops
      rastaR
      rasta
    • RE: The Iron Heart Baltimore Bash - September 18, 19 & 20, 2026

      New here, but got a pass from the wife and I'll be road tripping it down from Boston. Excited to meet everyone.

      posted in Iron Heart Meet Ups & Travel
      rastaR
      rasta
    • RE: Samurai Jeans

      Almost all Sammy today. Shirt, belt, jeans.

      I am in love with the jeans, I love the shade, the slub the relaxed high rise fit and some nice little Samurai touches with the buttons and selvedge id.

      IMG_0561.jpeg
      IMG_0560.jpeg

      posted in Other Brands and Shops
      rastaR
      rasta
    • RE: IHSH-409-IB - 19oz Selvedge Denim CPO Shirt - Indigo/Black

      caught an XL at Iron Shop Provisions, thought I'd missed out on this one.

      posted in Shirting
      rastaR
      rasta
    • RE: IH-666S-UHR - 21/23oz Ultra Heavy Raw Selvedge Denim Slim Straight Cut Jeans

      Giving my first pair of 666 a try in UHR. To be fair, these will probably get tried on and then parked for awhile, way too much in the heavy weight rotation that needs love. But I have been wanting to try a pair of 666 and didn't want to miss getting a pair of these in UHR especially with those measurements looking spot on for me.

      posted in Bottoms
      rastaR
      rasta
    • RE: Samurai Jeans

      @AskAxel said in Samurai Jeans:

      @americanathreads I would recommend just wearing them. I also bought a one-washed pair and have about 5 days of yard work wear so far and they're breaking in nicely.
      Did you go TTS?

      Same experience with my pair of the one-wash. My pair had an abnormally tighter waist than it should have, but a couple of wears in and it's giving a little. Rest of the fit is on the baggier side, aside from the waist. I went 36 based on posted measurements, I usually wear a 35-35.5, these felt like they were around a 34.7. Looking forward to breaking them in.

      posted in Other Brands and Shops
      rastaR
      rasta
    • RE: Samurai Jeans

      @Denimhead-0 said in Samurai Jeans:

      @rasta Did it loose much indigo after first wash?

      Maybe a bit, she definitely doesn’t get as much attention as she should. Too many hoodies in the rotation!IMG_0536.jpeg

      posted in Other Brands and Shops
      rastaR
      rasta
    • RE: Samurai Jeans

      @Denimhead-0

      It softens up a lot. I have one from last season and it's got 1 wash. I was surprised how much it's soften up with a wash and some wear. It's a nice lighter sweat shirt.

      posted in Other Brands and Shops
      rastaR
      rasta
    • RE: IH-888S-SLBod - 16oz Slubby Selvedge Denim Relaxed Tapered Cut Jeans - Indigo Overdyed Black

      pulled the trigger on a pair of these. My first pair of 888, the slubby selvedge and OD. Perfect time to try all three.

      posted in Bottoms
      rastaR
      rasta
    • RE: Wonder Looper

      Indeed, great choices, I picked up the same two. These were my first of their ELS shirts and they are surprisingly breathable despite being 9+oz, nice slubby texture too. Its kind of crazy how different all their tshirts are. They can all vary pretty drastically in texture, weight and breathability.

      posted in Other Brands and Shops
      rastaR
      rasta
    • RE: IH-729-PUR - Cotton Easy Shorts - Purple

      slept on the purples but managed to find an XL at James Dant today and couldn't resist.

      posted in Bottoms
      rastaR
      rasta
    • RE: IH-729-OLV - Cotton Easy Shorts - Olive

      I have a few pairs of IH cargo shorts, the lightest weight being in the 8oz ripstop. I am interested to see if these are even lighter.

      posted in Bottoms
      rastaR
      rasta
    • RE: IH-729-OLV - Cotton Easy Shorts - Olive

      Olive and Khaki secured, looking forward to these.

      posted in Bottoms
      rastaR
      rasta
    • RE: The Flat Head

      While I do have some beloved TFH clothing items, my favorites are my TFH leather and silver. Too warm for the jacket now, but this is my ride or die EDC wallet, chain and belt loop.

      Eagle head wallet chain
      Semi-Aniline leather belt loop (same as their jackets)
      Natural Shinki Shell mid wallet

      IMG_0437.jpeg

      posted in Other Brands and Shops
      rastaR
      rasta
    • RE: Wonder Looper

      @Chibs said in Wonder Looper:

      @Dmart Same! It goes really well with denim and it’s so rich in person. Fucking addicted to WL. Going back for iron Mordant RN!! 😬 Haha

      You will love it. The shirt is even darker than the hoodie for some reason. I ended up getting all three color shirts and they all seem pleasantly darker in person compared to the pictures online.

      posted in Other Brands and Shops
      rastaR
      rasta
    • RE: IH-747-GRN - 8oz Ripstop Baker Pants - Army Green

      Mine arrived and they fit perfectly snug at the waist for me (34), no belt needed. Was 85 today so I kept them on after the try-on, really comfy.

      posted in Bottoms
      rastaR
      rasta
    • RE: Wonder Looper

      @americanathreads said in Wonder Looper:

      @rasta how would you describe the difference between super looper and double heavyweight foxfibre?

      The Super Looper is a bit lighter, softer and airier. Really plush and cozy. The double heavyweight foxfiber is a bit rougher and denser, its really comfortable in a rugged "weighted blanket" sort of way. They are both plenty heavy, but the french terry can breathe a bit more than a fleeced hoody so they layer exceptionally well.

      One thing that surprised me about the iron mordant fox fiber hoody was the weird patina I am getting. Hard to notice in pictures but it does actually develop some interesting patina.

      IMG_0415.jpeg

      posted in Other Brands and Shops
      rastaR
      rasta
    Copyright Iron Heart 2025.