• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    1. Home
    2. popvulture
    3. Posts
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 7
    • Topics 4
    • Posts 3,362
    • Best
    • Controversial
    • Groups 9

    Posts made by popvulture

    • RE: Freenote Cloth

      I want a pair of the 17oz black. I have the indigo version in Belford and that denim is awesome. Stiff, creases nicely, lots of character.

      The indigo/brown is really cool too. I feel like that one is maybe a little slept on, but I'm so glad I tried it.

      posted in Other Brands and Shops
      popvultureP
      popvulture
    • RE: Heroes (Buying/ Selling/Trading)

      @Dans glad you’re happy, and pleasure doing business with you! Also let’s hope Stearns gets something together this year 😅

      posted in Stuff for Sale
      popvultureP
      popvulture
    • RE: Pop's Stuff $ NEW!!! (CONUS Only) - Grey, Ombré UHFs, Ind. Kersey, Brown 634 IH Cords, TFH Flannel, 3Sixteen Anniversary Perfecto, MORE

      Wonder Looper crew sold

      posted in Stuff for Sale
      popvultureP
      popvulture
    • RE: IHE-45-BLK - Diamond Stitched Leather Waist Bag - Black

      Does Four Speed make the leather ones?

      posted in Hardware
      popvultureP
      popvulture
    • RE: Pop's Stuff $ NEW!!! (CONUS Only) - Grey, Ombré UHFs, Ind. Kersey, Brown 634 IH Cords, TFH Flannel, 3Sixteen Anniversary Perfecto, MORE

      🚨🔥🚨 Big update, lotta good stuff for the fall. Holler! 🚨🔥🚨

      posted in Stuff for Sale
      popvultureP
      popvulture
    • RE: Wonder Looper

      Yeah tbh I prefer the feel of a loopback interior

      posted in Other Brands and Shops
      popvultureP
      popvulture
    • RE: Wonder Looper

      @Chibs thank you! I have IH hoodies and love them, and they’re a good benchmark for heavy but not insane. I could def go a bit heavier.

      I have a fleeced foxfibre crew in charcoal heather and love the fabric, but it’s too big, so I’ll def size down. I’ll prob post the crew for sale soon and get a new one when they come out.

      posted in Other Brands and Shops
      popvultureP
      popvulture
    • RE: Wonder Looper

      @WithBongInHand thank you! I might just wait til spring then. Or might not 😅

      Does anybody in the thread own any Andersen Andersen stuff? I have the heaviest gauge option in both, and they’re toasty as hell, especially the AA. Is the double heavyweight warmer than that? I think it’d be a no for me if so.

      That fabric looks so awesome. I wanna make it work haha…

      posted in Other Brands and Shops
      popvultureP
      popvulture
    • RE: Wonder Looper

      Did they just restock Super Looper recently? Looks like it’s not listed in the future restock section on their site, and some retailers still have some big and small sizes. I figure it must be the case.

      I’m super intrigued by the double heavyweight and am feeling a very itchy trigger finger, but I’m afraid I’d just roast in it. Owners — is it nice and warm, or really f’n hot?

      posted in Other Brands and Shops
      popvultureP
      popvulture
    • RE: IHE-45-BLK - Diamond Stitched Leather Waist Bag - Black

      Curious if any owners of this bag can tell me about the sturdiness of the calf leather. How has it held up? Have you had to maintain it any?

      posted in Hardware
      popvultureP
      popvulture
    • RE: Most coveted shirt ?

      My fave hard-to-track-down IH shirt was the 193. I also have a 178 that I didn't really have any idea would turn into a rarity, but shortly after the older 18oz denim was nixed for the newer vintage variety. The older one is probably still my fave IH denim, and I love the oxidized buttons.

      posted in Shirting
      popvultureP
      popvulture
    • RE: The Iron Heart Baltimore Bash - September 18, 19 & 20, 2026

      Man I need an IH Mr Boh sticker!

      Also seeing the Sound Garden brought back a ton of memories. I lost like 40 lbs freshman year because I spent all my food money on records there 😎

      posted in Iron Heart Meet Ups & Travel
      popvultureP
      popvulture
    • RE: Pop's Stuff $ NEW!!! (CONUS Only) - Grey, Ombré UHFs, Ind. Kersey, Brown 634 IH Cords, TFH Flannel, 3Sixteen Anniversary Perfecto, MORE

      Bump — lots still available, plus getting ready to list some new stuff soon. Stay tuned 💥

      posted in Stuff for Sale
      popvultureP
      popvulture
    • RE: IHSH-193 - Indigo Dyed 10oz Check Selvedge Flannel Western Shirt

      The 193’s one of my all time faves. I need this boiling hellscape to come to a close so I can wear mine, dammit.

      posted in Shirting
      popvultureP
      popvulture
    • RE: The Iron Heart Baltimore Bash - September 18, 19 & 20, 2026

      @steelworker “enjoy” is about as big of a stretch as there is 😂

      posted in Iron Heart Meet Ups & Travel
      popvultureP
      popvulture
    • RE: Iron Heart - Wall Street Journal Coveted

      @Boit lmao tell me this is a meme already. Why even ask — of course it is 😂

      posted in News
      popvultureP
      popvulture
    • RE: Rumors - Is someone really buying up all the shuttle loom time/denim

      This reminds me of the fiasco going on with Fender now in the guitar world. Company makes iconic product > company gets too big and starts making shit product > smaller, boutique companies lament said loss of quality and begin producing the products they originally came to love, "like they used to make it" > big company realizes they're no longer respected and start fucking with the smaller companies instead of having some accountability, just making better stuff, and winning back consumers' trust.

      Sigh.

      posted in General Chat
      popvultureP
      popvulture
    • RE: Guitars anyone???

      Baritones are awesome. I have a Chinese made Squier Paranormal that was $400 and is WAY better than it has any right to be. It’s so wild how just going down a 4th mixed with the longer scale can completely change the way you play and come up with ideas.

      posted in Accessories
      popvultureP
      popvulture
    • RE: What Has Iron Heart International Ever Done for You....

      @NickD yeah that’s actually related to something I wanted to tag onto my post.

      To people who want cheap stuff, I ask — what is that getting you? The first, most obvious thing will be that the product quality will suffer. Maybe it’ll crap out in a year or so and you’ll have to buy another one (and that’s what they want).

      Secondly, what does it look like for the people at the top of that company? And how about the people further down? The cheaper a product gets, the bigger disparity you’ll see here.

      I think when it comes to these factors with respect to cheap shit, the question should always be “is it worth it?”

      posted in General Chat
      popvultureP
      popvulture
    • RE: What Has Iron Heart International Ever Done for You....

      I started getting into IH because I’d dug deep into Japanese selvedge brands, and of course at some point everybody knows you end up here. A lot stay, a lot don’t — all I know is I got hooked.

      I was getting past my trendier years when I was really paying attention to stuff everybody was wearing and seeing how I’d adapt. After a while of course I reached the point of no fucks and started dressing the way I wanted to for the rest of my life, which was essentially American classics like jeans, flannels, motorcycle boots, leather jackets — the evergreens.

      IH scratched that itch in so many ways. The fit, the material, the quality that addressed that aforementioned “for the rest of my life” bit; it was all there. Plus I soon got to know the customer service, which is so off the charts that I’m positively ruined with respect to everywhere else. Sometimes I’ll message a company asking if they can measure a specific pair for me or some request of the sort, and they’ll at best act like I’m being unreasonable (masked in babying scripted language, of course), but more likely just not respond at all or refer me to a bot.

      And lastly, the forum, which is where I not only got to meet so many fantastic buds and total characters, but also I came to really understand what IH international was, and what it did. I’ve long loved Japanese brands, but they were often very limited in terms of what interactions you could have with them, and what you could see behind the curtain. Being in the forum gave me so much insight into the Haraki side of things, it even more so into how Giles, Alex, and everyone acted both as a bridge from IHJ to the rest of the world, but also as partners who add huge amounts of development into new products and help IHJ be in touch with what said rest of world wants.

      As a guitar player, I’d compare IH to a “boutique” company that’s been very successful and has gotten to a decent size, but still managed to keep the quality going, offer top class support, and take good care of its employees. Look at a guitar, amp, or pedal business that has done all of these things, and you will find products that are expensive, because they have to be. To any twat who looks at a boutique, considered guitar pedal and says “oh that’s just a handful of resistors that I could buy for $5” I say: go buy those parts. Learn to build the thing. You’ll struggle, and you’ll realize yours doesn’t sound as good. So you’ll maybe put more and more hours in, and maybe you’ll start to realize that all this time and effort you’re spending has value. This time is taken from your life — so what is your time worth?

      I’m getting off on a wee tirade here, but I’ll just say that when it comes to IH International, I appreciate what y’all do, so very much. And as for Iron Heart as a whole, some people get it, and some don’t. And that’s ok. I’m just glad I’m one who does.

      posted in General Chat
      popvultureP
      popvulture
    Copyright Iron Heart 2025.