• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    1. Home
    2. Phil_NYC
    3. Posts
    P
    • Profile
    • Following 1
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 0
    • Posts 77
    • Best
    • Controversial
    • Groups 3

    Posts made by Phil_NYC

    • RE: Ship John

      Funny ShipJohn QC story - I was lucky enough to snag a Wills decade jacket. They made 110 of them and each one was numbered on the inside on a leather patch. Mine came with no number. Sent them an email and they said oh sorry we forgot to number yours, it’s 56. So I took a sharpie and did it myself. I was thinking to myself how does something so obvious not get noticed? Btw I am a huge SJ fan.

      I have a Kristofferson coming in December and I will have no sense of humor if there is anything wrong with that jacket.
      IMG_4825.jpeg

      posted in Other Brands and Shops
      P
      Phil_NYC
    • RE: Dehen

      I live in these Dehen cardigans all fall and winter.

      IMG_4822.jpeg

      posted in Other Brands and Shops
      P
      Phil_NYC
    • RE: Ship John

      @Brock thanks! Got a long way to go to look as cool as your denim Wills with the sashiko repair on the pocket. That thing looks amazing.

      posted in Other Brands and Shops
      P
      Phil_NYC
    • RE: IRON HEART WAYWT - 2026 EDITION

      Wills Ramblin
      IH black wabash western
      888 UHR

      IMG_4813.jpeg
      IMG_4814.jpeg

      posted in What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT)
      P
      Phil_NYC
    • RE: Ship John

      Going to make the Ramblin my primary fall jacket this year. I’m a sucker for broken twill anything.

      IMG_4813.jpeg

      posted in Other Brands and Shops
      P
      Phil_NYC
    • RE: IHSH-92 - 11oz - Hairline Duck Western Shirt (Indigo or Brown)

      Been wearing this one all the time lately. Thanks again @Omega-Man

      IMG_4809.jpeg

      posted in Shirting
      P
      Phil_NYC
    • RE: IHSH-409-IB - 19oz Selvedge Denim CPO Shirt - Indigo/Black

      The 409 is a good Nor’easter shirt. Finally some fall weather to look forward to.

      IMG_4805.jpeg

      posted in Shirting
      P
      Phil_NYC
    • RE: IHSH-227-IND - 12oz Wabash CPO Shirt - Indigo

      My second IH purchase and probably my most complimented shirt. Soft as pajamas now.

      IMG_4757.jpeg
      IMG_4760.jpeg
      IMG_4763.jpeg
      IMG_4762.jpeg

      posted in Shirting
      P
      Phil_NYC
    • RE: IH-888-XHSib - 25oz Selvedge Denim Medium/High Rise Tapered Cut Jeans - Ind/blk

      Probably 40 days of wear on this pair.

      IMG_4713.jpeg
      IMG_4711.jpeg
      IMG_4712.jpeg

      posted in Bottoms
      P
      Phil_NYC
    • RE: IRON HEART WAYWT - 2026 EDITION

      Thanks to @Omega-Man for this IHSH-92 hairline duck western. With 888 UHR.

      IMG_4679.jpeg
      IMG_4681.jpeg

      posted in What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT)
      P
      Phil_NYC
    • RE: IH-888S-UHR - 21/23oz Ultra Heavy Raw Selvedge Denim High Rise Tapered Cut Jeans

      One year of wear on this pair now. Regarding sizing, these are the only 888s I take a 33 waist. All my other pairs are 34 waist. It was a big leap of faith but you have to trust the measurements. I always ask the crew for a pair with an exact 34 waist, which got me a size 33 with an exact 34 waist. And I agree with the others - the need to fit prior to washing or they will always be too big.

      IMG_4675.jpeg

      IMG_4676.jpeg

      IMG_4677.jpeg

      posted in Bottoms
      P
      Phil_NYC
    • RE: IHSH-409-IB - 19oz Selvedge Denim CPO Shirt - Indigo/Black

      When I first put the 409 on it felt much tighter than my other CPOs, despite the near identical measurements. But after a few hours it’s softened up nicely and is feeling great. Can’t wait to see how it looks in a few months.

      IMG_4658.jpeg
      IMG_4659.jpeg

      posted in Shirting
      P
      Phil_NYC
    • RE: IH-777-UHR - Indigo UHR 21/23oz Selvedge Denim Super Slim Tapered

      You have trouble finding IH jeans that work for you but you have a pair of 888 that fit you perfectly? Seems like you have your answer right there.

      posted in Bottoms
      P
      Phil_NYC
    • RE: Heroes (Buying/ Selling/Trading)

      Thanks @Omega-Man for the beautiful hairline duck western shirt. Fits perfect! The entire transaction was super easy, thanks so much.

      posted in Stuff for Sale
      P
      Phil_NYC
    • RE: IH-888-XHSib - 25oz Selvedge Denim Medium/High Rise Tapered Cut Jeans - Ind/blk

      @FlavourFade The only thing I noticed is they kind of get tighter on my thighs like one of those chinese finger traps if I am out in the Vegas heat too long.

      @moskiitto The UHR were brutal to break in but eventually molded to my body so well. They are just perfect jeans. I've worn the xhsib maybe 30 times so far. The breaking in experience for me is much different than the UHR. These feel more unwieldy, just heavier and still not molding to my body yet. I am certain they will, but for now they feel boxier and more shapeless than the UHR. Could also feel that way because I am stacking these instead of cuffing like I did with the UHR.

      All that said, I have a feeling it will be like choosing a favorite child once I tame these beasts.

      posted in Bottoms
      P
      Phil_NYC
    • RE: IH-888-XHSib - 25oz Selvedge Denim Medium/High Rise Tapered Cut Jeans - Ind/blk

      Since my UHR are out for some repairs decided to bring only these on a 2 week trip to Vegas in the dead of summer. It was 118F yesterday. Probably not the smartest move but it sure accelerates the breaking in process.

      IMG_4576.jpeg
      IMG_4578.jpeg
      IMG_4577.jpeg
      IMG_4581.jpeg

      posted in Bottoms
      P
      Phil_NYC
    • RE: IH-888S-UHR - 21/23oz Ultra Heavy Raw Selvedge Denim High Rise Tapered Cut Jeans

      @Johnnyutah247 thanks buddy. UHR really are something special. These are out for some repairs on the pocket so I have in my XHSib the last few weeks.

      posted in Bottoms
      P
      Phil_NYC
    • RE: Omega Man's Sale Thread

      Trying to DM you, interested.

      posted in Stuff for Sale
      P
      Phil_NYC
    • RE: IRON HEART WAYWT - 2026 EDITION

      Double denim Friday

      IMG_4534.jpeg

      posted in What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT)
      P
      Phil_NYC
    • RE: IH-888S-UHR - 21/23oz Ultra Heavy Raw Selvedge Denim High Rise Tapered Cut Jeans

      @Denimhead-0 Thanks! My favorite pair of IH denim.

      posted in Bottoms
      P
      Phil_NYC
    Copyright Iron Heart 2025.