• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    1. Home
    2. maple_texas
    3. Posts
    • Profile
    • Following 0
    • Followers 0
    • Topics 1
    • Posts 20
    • Best
    • Controversial
    • Groups 3

    Posts made by maple_texas

    • RE: Parenting

      @americanathreads For sure, abstract is the best way to put it. I was the same way.

      True story: when my wife was pregnant, i was looking at our dogs and thinking, “How could a baby be more cute than a puppy?” I just didn’t understand. Of course, I was just in the dark. I think it’s because I’d only ever known other people’s babies and it’s just not even close to the same thing, at least for me.

      When someone would bring a baby to the office, I was never the one to run up and look. Now it’s the opposite, but if I’m being honest, it’s mostly because it reminds me of my kids. Even all this talk is bringing me back.

      Totally get that everyone’s work situation is different, but that’s a big chunk of time. I hope the best for you man! Talking about this just brings me back. Hope you can share a pic of the little dude!

      posted in Hobbies and Pastimes
      maple_texasM
      maple_texas
    • RE: WTB: Iron Heart 21oz indigo denim vest IH-526SV size XXXL

      @Jett129 I understand why you’d be disappointed. Totally valid. I believe Roman’s item was probably a better fit for me, however. Sorry for the trouble. Ive been hunting this vest for months.

      posted in Want to Buy
      maple_texasM
      maple_texas
    • RE: WTB: Iron Heart 21oz indigo denim vest IH-526SV size XXXL

      @Jett129 hello sir. Just to update you and potentially save you some time, looks like I’m getting a size 46 off Roman, who reached out with a new item. I’m sorry and hope I didn’t waste too much of your time.

      posted in Want to Buy
      maple_texasM
      maple_texas
    • RE: Parenting

      @GoodtimeJohnny sounds amazing. This is the wildest journey I’ve ever embarked upon.

      posted in Hobbies and Pastimes
      maple_texasM
      maple_texas
    • RE: Parenting

      @GoodtimeJohnny Good to know!! One thing I’ve learned from this parenting journey is that I really have no idea what to expect.

      posted in Hobbies and Pastimes
      maple_texasM
      maple_texas
    • RE: WTB: Iron Heart 21oz indigo denim vest IH-526SV size XXXL

      @Jett129 Sorry for any confusion. I was looking for XXXL. I just thought a size 48 responded to an XXXXL. But I could be wrong. All that really matters is that pit-to-pit measurement.

      posted in Want to Buy
      maple_texasM
      maple_texas
    • RE: Parenting

      @americanathreads my advice would just be to take off as much time from work as you possibly can. For me that meant three months with one of those months unpaid. Pulled it off for both kids. I would do it all over again.

      Also — I never could even imagine what having a kid was like until the moment my first one was born. As soon as I saw her, the love was so deep and meaningful. Like seeing a color I’d never known existed. Second time, wham, exact same thing, like a baseball bat of love upside the head. Tears streaming. Like an ancient invisible force.

      I realize it’s different for everyone, but I mention in case you’re like I was and having trouble imagining how the connection might occur.

      posted in Hobbies and Pastimes
      maple_texasM
      maple_texas
    • RE: Parenting

      @GoodtimeJohnny I have a 4-year-old and 6-year-old and I’m already dreading the day they’ll leave for college. Friends with adult kids have assured me that I’ll be happy to watch them move on and grow up. It’s just very difficult to imagine when they’re still cute little kids.

      posted in Hobbies and Pastimes
      maple_texasM
      maple_texas
    • RE: WTB: Iron Heart 21oz indigo denim vest IH-526SV size XXXL

      @Jett129 thanks! I’m interested to see. Please let me know. Like I say, I’m pretty sure 48 is XXXXL but maybe yours runs small?

      posted in Want to Buy
      maple_texasM
      maple_texas
    • RE: WTB: Iron Heart 21oz indigo denim vest IH-526SV size XXXL

      @kbpisme thank you for the offer, but I am looking for indigo. I already have the overdyed vest, so I’m covered on black for now.

      posted in Want to Buy
      maple_texasM
      maple_texas
    • RE: WTB: Iron Heart 21oz indigo denim vest IH-526SV size XXXL

      @Jett129 howdy! I think size 48 is XXXXL but I would definitely be interested to see pictures and measurements! Thank you!

      posted in Want to Buy
      maple_texasM
      maple_texas
    • RE: IH-526SV - 21oz Selvedge Denim Modified Type III Vest - Indigo (w/ Pockets)

      Howdy, it’s been almost three months, so wanted to check in and see if there’s any talk of a restock? Sorry if that’s not enough time. Let me know and I’ll wait longer next time.

      posted in Vests
      maple_texasM
      maple_texas
    • WTB: Iron Heart 21oz indigo denim vest IH-526SV size XXXL

      Hi there,

      Do you have an IH-526SV in size XXXL you’d like to sell? I’m in Austin, Texas, USA.

      Thanks!

      posted in Want to Buy
      maple_texasM
      maple_texas
    • RE: IH-526SV - 21oz Selvedge Denim Modified Type III Vest - Indigo (w/ Pockets)

      @94atromero amazing aging in that indigo vest.

      I have the IH-526SVOD (overdyed vest from Self Edge Austin). But I’m waiting patiently for the OG you have. Vests are so much more wearable in the Texas heat, even tho my 21 oz IH-526PJ (modified type 3 with sleeves) is surprisingly wearable in higher temps.

      posted in Vests
      maple_texasM
      maple_texas
    • RE: IHE-19 - Small Shoulder Bag

      Would Iron Heart ever consider making a sulfur-dyed black version that could fade to gray? Omg the SBG fabric would be great. Or even an overdyed version 🤤🤤🤤🤤

      posted in Cut & Sewn
      maple_texasM
      maple_texas
    • RE: IH-526J-142OD - 14oz Selvedge Denim Modified Type III - Overdyed Indigo

      I can’t find this anywhere in XXXL unfortunately. Is there any timeline for a restock? Thanks

      posted in Jackets
      maple_texasM
      maple_texas
    • RE: IH-526SV - 21oz Selvedge Denim Modified Type III Vest - Indigo (w/ Pockets)

      @Graham Has there ever been a consideration to make a modified Type 3 vest with the 14 oz fabric? I do own the 21 oz overdyed vest and it’s a fabulous option in the Texas heat. A 14 oz indigo vest (or even the 21 oz indigo) would also be excellent.

      posted in Vests
      maple_texasM
      maple_texas
    • RE: Repairs & Modifications

      Splash of bleach to SBG wash?

      (Allow me to preface the following by saying I’ve spent a long time achieving fades the slow and old fashioned way. But in the true spirit of denim, I like experimenting with new techniques to achieve a variety of results.)

      When I first saw EllaHarp — a singer-songwriter who also makes her own jeans — demonstrate the results of a “splash of bleach” method on her 888s, I was surprised and impressed. This was a far more vintage-looking fade than any of my jeans looked like with heavy wear.

      After a year in Texas, including a long, hot, humid summer, my 21 oz indigo IH denim had already started taking on beautiful whiskers and other cool fades, so I decided to experiment. The 777s had high contrast knee fades which I wasn’t a fan of (even tho I love my two young kids!). I hoped this “splash of bleach” technique could even out the difference and make the knee fades less obvious.

      Using about 50 ml of bleach in my washes every 1-3 months has resulted in a very gradual change that evolved into absolutely stunning and complex vintage-style fades with a million hues of blue. The texture was also different than, for example, the thigh fades achieved without chemicals. It’s really not too dissimilar from what she shows in her photos.

      This also had the benefit of smoothing out the contrast with the knee fades, making me fall in love with these jeans more than ever.

      Question: would the same method cause a similar effect with my 8301 SBG 777s? Or will the sulfur-dyed fabric react differently? I don’t need super high contrast fades, but I like that middle ground, and these SBGs are really showing some character after almost 12 months of regular wear.

      posted in The Resource Centre
      maple_texasM
      maple_texas
    • RE: IHSH-396-BLK - 13.5oz Denim Western Shirt - Black

      @Bobcat-Sig I just saw this after responding to your latest post in this thread. As I mentioned, I’ve shortened the sleeves on almost all my Iron Heart shirts. My only regret was not doing it sooner.

      I researched the best denim tailors in America and it was very expensive to mail these shirts out to get altered. So I held back, reluctant to drop another hundred dollars per shirt. Then I just took it to my local place in Austin and they did a fantastic job for $30ish each. I started with one to test, but the place (Art Alterations) had great reviews.

      The one tiny downside is the pleat at the cuff might be slightly more pronounced, but honestly, you just don’t notice it after a while. Still totally worth it not to have oversized sleeves.

      I love everything about Iron Heart shirts, except this one issue of sleeve length. I’m not a Japanese motorcycle dude, so far be it from me to complain. So I’m just trying to make these beautiful garments as perfect for me as I can.

      posted in Shirting
      maple_texasM
      maple_texas
    • RE: IHSH-396-BLK - 13.5oz Denim Western Shirt - Black

      @Bobcat-Sig I did not notice much shrinking, but I just did like a cold wash and hang dry. I took it to a tailor where they shorten all my IH sleeves. Costs like $30.

      posted in Shirting
      maple_texasM
      maple_texas
    Copyright Iron Heart 2025.