• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Stitchdown Patina Thunderdome (Year 6)

    Heavy Weight Contests & Competitions
    1
    3
    206
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • northsouthdenimguyN
      northsouthdenimguy
      啓蒙家
      Joined:

      We’re about a month away from the start of year six of the Stitchdown Patina Thunderdome.

      Any of y’all entering this year, either the Open Dome or the Work Dome?

      For me, the Work Dome makes a lot of sense since I’ll usually wear the same pair of work footwear for months at a time anyway. The Dome probably makes me stretch it out a little longer than I normally would, but it’s really not that far outside of what I already do.

      As of last year there are two new categories, the pre-worn and leather goods. A little something for everybody.

      For anybody thinking about entering, or even if you just like following along, here’s the link. There are always some really good prizes, but honestly one of the best parts is just watching all the different leathers and footwear evolve over the six months.

      httpsa://www.stitchdown.com/patina-thunderdome/2026-27-stitchdown-patina-thunderdome-rules-timing-signup/

      My last four Dome boots, did not enter the inaugural year:

      3e3a4d72-d50f-452c-9088-243419d17296-image.png

      This year’s boot for me in the Work Dome is supposed to be delivered by the end of this week. It’s a pretty cool StationMaster engineer from Nicks, and I’ll post some pictures once I have it in my hands.

      @selveldgesteps

      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
      • goosehdG goosehd pinned this topic on
      • northsouthdenimguyN
        northsouthdenimguy
        啓蒙家
        Joined:

        My dome boots are here…

        Station Master
        Last: 55
        Length: 11
        Width: D
        Leather: Two Tone (See Notes Below)
        Height: 10"
        Pull Loop: Yes
        Top Style: Rolled top
        Toe Style: Standard
        Hardware Configuration: Both buckles
        Hardware Color: Brass
        Toe Structure: Soft
        Outsole: V bar
        Edge Color: Natural
        Sole Stitching Thread: 1 row white stitching
        Heel Cap: V bar
        Heel Stack: Moderate
        Heel Profile: Dogger
        False Tongue: N/A
        Laces: N/A
        Upper Leather: Greener Pastures Waxed Flesh Smooth
        Lower Leather: Shackleton Greener Pastures Smooth
        Notes: Pull loops need to be Shackleton Greener Pastures
        IMG_5876.jpeg
        IMG_5877.jpeg
        IMG_5879.jpeg
        IMG_5881.jpeg
        IMG_5875.jpeg

        @selveldgesteps

        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 4
        • northsouthdenimguyN
          northsouthdenimguy
          啓蒙家
          Joined:

          The 26/27 Stitchdown Patina Thunderdome has officially begun. As mentioned before, these are my entry for the Work Dome.

          Day one. Only about two hours or so into wearing these and so far, so good. I’m loving the Shackleton. It’s super soft, kind of like CXL, but maybe even softer or more supple. I’m not sure which is the better term.

          Pretty much zero break-in, at least compared to the Wickett & Craig Natural Double Stuffed pair I wore a few years back.

          IMG_6640.jpeg
          IMG_6644.jpeg
          IMG_6637.jpeg
          IMG_6631.jpeg
          IMG_6632.jpeg

          @selveldgesteps

          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
          • First post
            Last post
          Copyright Iron Heart 2025.