• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    Introduce Yourself Here

    Some Really Boring (but useful) and Some Really Interesting Stuff!
    849
    3.5k
    1.4m
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • DepartedHeartD
      DepartedHeart
      Raw and Unwashed
      Joined:
      This post is deleted!
      last edited by Tago MagoT 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 3
      • Tago MagoT
        Tago Mago
        Mod Squad
        @DepartedHeart
        Joined:

        @DepartedHeart said in Introduce Yourself Here:

        Welcome to the forum.

        Can’t to go down this rabbit hole.

        Once you venture down that path there's no return

        last edited by DepartedHeartD 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
        • DepartedHeartD
          DepartedHeart
          Raw and Unwashed
          @Tago Mago
          Joined:
          This post is deleted!
          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
          • twinningT
            twinning
            Joined:

            Hello everyone, been lurking for a bit and thought I'd type up a bit of an intro. I've always been a jeans and T-shirt guy except for a minute around 2015 that I tried to get into chinos, so anyway I was living in Los Angeles and needed a new pair of jeans for whatever reason and there was an army/navy shop in one of the trendy hipster neighborhoods, and I love me a good army/navy shop. This being California, there was an entire aisle-long rack of Levi's shrink-to-fit and I thought hmmm, what's with this? Well wearing those for a long while the cigarette pack I keep in my front pocket wore through the thigh and for the first time ever, maybe, I thought about jeans as a thing worth thinking about.

            The Levi's STF phase lasted a while and I tried getting into menswear and when I moved to New Orleans bought some linen pants of all things and was just having a god awful time of an identity crisis and so finally I accepted that while, yes, menswear looks amazing and I could scroll the lookbook on Permanent Style all day, I am a person who lives in jeans and black T shirts and black Chucks, so decided kind of out of the blue that if this is my role in life then I'm going to wear the very best jeans and black T shirts (not much you can do about the chucks), but the first problem here is you have to define "best" and down the rabbit hole I went. Fit, silhouette, denim, and on and on and on. Searched r/rawdenim forever. Walked into Iron Shop Provisions in New Orleans, and the lady working there at the time fitted me in a pair of 14oz broken twill 666s, and IH has been my grail jeans ever since--heavy denim sucks in NOLA humidity and lord knows the 666 was the wrong fit for me, and I didn't have a great sense of my bodily dimensions to begin with and plus I've put on some weight over the past couple years etc. etc. etc. but no other brand has spoken to me on so deep a level as IH, just nothing else compares ya' know? That lady at Iron Shop either saved me a lot of heartache
            trying other brands or cursed me with this affliction where simply nothing else will do, right from the jump.

            The tucked belt loops, the lined back pockets, the poly-core cotton thread so my tactical folder doesn't completely break the threads on the coin pocket, anyway I've been on a mission to find my forever jeans and that's why I'm wearing the 888 SBG now (I hate black jeans) waiting on the indigo 888 to restock and wear those for next year's indigo invitational, which is to say I should mention the pair of 21oz indigo 888 are waaaay too small for me or I'd be in those at the moment. I also have the 634 in 21oz and 14oz, but a lil' too tight in the thighs. Like I said, basically looking for the one fit and silhouette for me, and just about found it thank god lol.

            Glad to be here. Cheers! Oh yeah, I go by Terry.

            last edited by ROmanR Luijim78L JP33J 3 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 6
            • ROmanR
              ROman
              Haraki san Prodigy
              @twinning
              Joined:

              @twinning nicely worded. Welcome and have fun.

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
              • Luijim78L
                Luijim78
                啓蒙家
                @twinning
                Joined:

                @twinning Hi, welcome, I'm Luigi 👋👋👋

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • BenBWHB
                  BenBWH
                  Haraki san Student
                  Joined:

                  Hi everyone, long time fan of IH, was on the forum a few years back but wasn't very active. Lost access for a while but just rejoined today! Happy to be here.

                  Ben

                  Insta - Ben_Wears_Heritage

                  last edited by Luijim78L dirtyframerD WithBongInHandW markus_berlin_M 4 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 8
                  • Luijim78L
                    Luijim78
                    啓蒙家
                    @BenBWH
                    Joined:

                    @BenBWH Hi Ben, I'm Luigi, nice to meet you and welcome among us 👋👋👋

                    last edited by BenBWHB 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • dirtyframerD
                      dirtyframer
                      Haraki san Expert
                      @BenBWH
                      Joined:

                      @BenBWH welcome back Ben, seen you floating around on IG

                      IG: mgm.woodworks & denim_n_boots

                      "Every day work harder on yourself than you do at work."

                      last edited by BenBWHB 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • BenBWHB
                        BenBWH
                        Haraki san Student
                        @Luijim78
                        Joined:

                        @Luijim78 hi mate! thank you!

                        Insta - Ben_Wears_Heritage

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                        • BenBWHB
                          BenBWH
                          Haraki san Student
                          @dirtyframer
                          Joined:

                          @dirtyframer Hi mate, glad to be back! Ive just gotta work out how this all works now!

                          Insta - Ben_Wears_Heritage

                          last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                          • WithBongInHandW
                            WithBongInHand
                            @BenBWH
                            Joined:

                            @BenBWH Welcome back! Are you my new friend from Reddit?

                            last edited by BenBWHB 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • BenBWHB
                              BenBWH
                              Haraki san Student
                              @WithBongInHand
                              Joined:

                              @WithBongInHand Hey mate! yeah that's me!

                              Insta - Ben_Wears_Heritage

                              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                              • markus_berlin_M
                                markus_berlin_
                                Haraki san Expert
                                @BenBWH
                                Joined:

                                @BenBWH Welcome Ben🤜🏻🔔🤛🏻

                                IG: markus_berlin_

                                WTB :
                                IHSW-50 size M
                                IHV-44 size M

                                last edited by BenBWHB 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                • BenBWHB
                                  BenBWH
                                  Haraki san Student
                                  @markus_berlin_
                                  Joined:

                                  @markus_berlin_ hello Markus! Good to see you mate!

                                  Insta - Ben_Wears_Heritage

                                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                  • E
                                    EaglesFan97
                                    Raw and Unwashed
                                    Joined:

                                    Hey guys so I’m brand new to iron heart not necessarily selvedge as I bought a pair of N&F once but they were too small. I ultimately gave them to goodwill to make some small person day.
                                    Anyway I’m currently waiting on a pair of 634s. My first actually good pair of denim. I have 2 questions. One I am 5’10 about 195 I got a 36 tag hemmed to 34 for one cuff. I believe they’ll fit good and if anything be slightly roomy which is fine as long as they aren’t too small like before. I’m concerned about how often I can wash these and not have them turn into kids pants.
                                    I would like to be cool and wear them daily if not practically daily but my concern is I work as a mechanic. Can I wear them to work? If need be can I wash them every day? Should I just save them for when I’m off work? Anyway glad to be here love you guys.

                                    Any tips for how to interact on this forum would be helpful too. Any advice for me and my denim journey at all is appreciated.
                                    Go Birds! 🦅💚🖤

                                    last edited by goosehdG ChibsC Luijim78L 3 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 4
                                    • goosehdG
                                      goosehd
                                      Mod Squad
                                      @EaglesFan97
                                      Joined:

                                      @EaglesFan97 Welcome to the forum. I’ve moved your post here.

                                      “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

                                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                                      • ChibsC
                                        Chibs
                                        The UnTucked
                                        @EaglesFan97
                                        Joined:

                                        @EaglesFan97 Wear the hell out of them and wash when they smell or get dirty. I go over my initial washing routine in my 666 vid. On those I think I waited until 30 wears (if memory serves). Welcome to the Iron Heart army! 🍻

                                        last edited by Chibs 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                        • JP33J
                                          JP33
                                          Raw and Unwashed
                                          @twinning
                                          Joined:

                                          @twinning I’m fellow South Louisiana native and know what you mean about the humidity. I have a lot of family in NO and I live in LC. Wanted to say if you find the 888s a little small try the 1955s they’re restocking the 14oz indigo soon (and supposedly the 18oz indigo also). ISP is practically in my back yard in LC so I’m cool with the guys there and my barber chick has been cutting my hair in their shop for about 10yrs.

                                          last edited by JP33 twinningT 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
                                          • twinningT
                                            twinning
                                            @JP33
                                            Joined:

                                            @JP33 Hello hello, thanks! Yeah I just picked up the 1955 14oz OD when it dropped, and maybe this is just the honeymoon period with a new pair but I now have an example that fits of the three IH cuts that work for me (634, 888, 1955), and of them I think the 1955 is my favorite. Will definitely be picking up the 1955 in indigo--indigo jeans are my jam but I've somehow ended up now with 2 pairs of black jeans?? Not sure how much wear those will get in the long run tbh but I had to have SBG and an OD.

                                            I love ISP, and their new shop in NOLA is amazing it's so beautiful and well done, and the guy who works there is super cool, and I've had the chance to meet a couple of the Lake Charles folks as they've been in town with the opening of the new location here. I've gotten a few pairs of jeans from them over the past few years and a couple shirts. Honestly though I don't buy too many shirts, and I don't plan on buying jeans from them because they don't match thread color on the hemming service, they only do black or that orange/tobacco color, so if I plan to have a pair hemmed I'd have to send them out to Philadelphia for Franklin & Poe to do it, or have it done at Mildblend when I'm in Chicago but I've had hit and miss experiences at Mildblend...

                                            First world problems, but as the stock at ISP NOLA improves and I no doubt end up trying more things on in store, well I'm sure I'll pick up more stuff there. Long ramble here so far, well guess the relevant info is if you're planning a trip to NOLA in the upcoming weeks, I hear ISP is going to be hosting events and have the guys from Freenote Cloth in, and then I believe 3sixteen a week or two after, and then after that a huge pig roast and party for ISP's new house label, A New Medium. You might already know all of this information and the schedule... I'm sad Freenote will be here the one weekend this fall when I'm traveling...

                                            last edited by JP33J 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                                            • First post
                                              Last post
                                            Copyright Iron Heart 2025.