• Home
    • Recent
    • Calendar
    • Register
    • Login
    Iron Heart Forum
    Iron Heart Forum

    Iron Heart - Coveted - The Wall Street Journal

    is Marrkt a reputable seller?

    General Chat
    22
    39
    4.3k
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • goosehdG
      goosehd
      Mod Squad
      @Bridger
      Joined:

      @Bridger We have a marketplace that you can sell your goods. You can always try there.

      “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

      last edited by BridgerB 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • BridgerB
        Bridger
        Raw and Unwashed
        @goosehd
        Joined:

        Thanks @goosehd.

        I have listed a few things on here and never sold a thing and had hardy any bites. My sizes are 30 waist and hemmed jeans, XS jackets and S shirts - so I don't think this helps matters.

        The effort to list so many things is also a motivational barrier for me.

        last edited by goosehdG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • goosehdG
          goosehd
          Mod Squad
          @Bridger
          Joined:

          @Bridger I don't know what to tell you then. Maybe try Markkt and see if it works for you by doing a couple of test sales. Only you will be able to tell if their system is more amenable to what you want to accomplish.

          Somone else's previous experience may not meet your expectations only leading to disappointment.

          “our policy of no discussions regarding politics, religion, asparagus, and other controversial issues.” - Andrew

          last edited by BridgerB 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 2
          • BridgerB
            Bridger
            Raw and Unwashed
            @goosehd
            Joined:

            That's good advice @goosehd, thanks!

            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • BrianB
              Brian
              Joined:

              A fellow 30inch waister

              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • N
                NickD
                The Unwoven
                Joined:

                Marrkt are reputable (as I recall they owner used to run the UK Real McCoys setup), but they will take a significant cut - about 40% I think. Personally I'd just list on eBay, but if your time is worth the 40% go ahead.

                last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • T4920T
                  T4920
                  見習いボス
                  Joined:

                  My only issue with marrkt is their extremely lapse measurements. I've bought IH there confidently as I can check forum threads for accurate sizing info, but with everything else I'm very reluctant to take the risk.

                  “𝑁𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑙𝑒𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑢𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑏 𝑦𝑜𝑢. 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑖𝑡, 𝑖𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜, 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑎𝑝𝑜𝑛𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑐ℎ 𝑡𝑜𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑎𝑟𝑚 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑡.”

                  last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                  • FelixKF
                    FelixK
                    Joined:

                    I have put a few pieces from Drake's on there, and they all sold within the first two weeks. Like @NickD said, 40% is a hard pill to swallow, but if you're based in the UK and have loads of stuff, it might be worth the covenience

                    last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                    • goosehdG goosehd moved this topic from WESCO - West Coast Shoe Company on
                    • KasiK
                      Kasi
                      見習いボス
                      Joined:

                      Buy something if I like it. To sell rather not.

                      Some dream of being cool, I make it look dangerous.🖕

                      last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • BridgerB
                        Bridger
                        Raw and Unwashed
                        Joined:

                        DSC_1177.JPG

                        Marrkt have just collected 42 items with rough ballpark listing of £6500. So far I am impressed with the service.

                        Now just hope it sells 😕

                        last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • FelixKF
                          FelixK
                          Joined:

                          I'll be keeping a lookout 👀

                          last edited by BridgerB 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                          • BridgerB
                            Bridger
                            Raw and Unwashed
                            @FelixK
                            Joined:

                            @FelixK You will see a boatload of IH small shirts, size 30 jeans, XS tech and deck jackets

                            last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                            • DaysleepersD
                              Daysleepers
                              Raw and Unwashed
                              Joined:

                              I buy a lot from Markkt. Probably the majority of my clothes. I’ve never sold there, as Vinted, eBay and here are pretty liquid for high end mens clothes. Never had a bad experience with them, and their customer service is excellent. I look forward to their daily drops, though my bank balance doesn’t.

                              Good luck with all your sales, I wouldn’t be surprised if some end up at mine!

                              Broken old houses, boring Scottish whisky, weird Japanese denim, all French wine, sad American music, wool socks in summer.

                              last edited by 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                              • First post
                                Last post
                              Copyright Iron Heart 2025.